March 30, 2012

Wishing For A Wet & Chilly Weekend


Am ever so slightly hoping that the weather this weekend will revert to standard London spring styles (ie chilly/rainy/grey or all of the above) so that I can:
-     Wear my new Isabel Marant high-top copycats and my long-searched-for perfect parka (more on both of these soon).

-     Take a more significant bite out of my book Mistress of Modernism (a veeeery thorough biography of Peggy Guggenheim).

-     Get even more excited about my upcoming week in the sun-soaked hills of Tuscany and masterpiece-filled cobbled streets of Florence.

-     Justify purchasing this deliciously colour-saturated, slightly mysterious print from Beach Gallery (just off Brick Lane and up the road from my apartment) to lay my eyes on some much needed brights after all that grey. Work with me here.

-     Drink those rich red wines that have been shoved to the back of the cupboard (I hesitate to call it wine cabinet) gathering dust (I exaggerate) while we rush instead to the fridge for an ice-cold crisp white or a frosty beer.

-     Watch this documentary on Karen O creating her ‘psycho-opera’ Stop The Virgens - a crazy mix of theatre and rock 'n' roll enhanced with video projections and technology that fellow Yeah Yeah Yeahs' bandmate Nick Zinner has declared is “unlike anything I’ve ever seen or heard. It’s going to blow people’s minds.” Totes amaze.
-     Use the last of our deliciously old-fashioned balsam fir incense sticks from Labour and Wait. They give off a heavy but incredible scent that’s definitely not for warm sunny days. 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, please leave them! x