April 17, 2012

Cut It Out

 

I have a serious number of black boots, in a variety of shapes and designs and for all occasions (this implies my collection is complete, not true, you can never have too many), but amongst my favourites are a super chunky leather pair from ASOS. What makes them special for me are the buckle straps (love a good buckle, and these have two per shoe!) and the unexpected cutout detailing at the ankle. 

They reminded me of the much-coveted Balenciaga style (which is even more serious in the cutout and chunky stakes, not to mention price-wise) - a classic biker boot, but with a twist. (Jeffrey Campbell has also done a couple of mean approximations, the Coltrane and the Roscoe.)

I wore them all through winter with black tights and mostly maxi skirts, just showing off a flash of them on the move, and now I'm slowly easing into wearing them with bare legs. If it ever gets warm enough again I may even try softening them up with breezy printed dresses or with shorts, but it's early days...

x

Wearing: vintage leather jacket, COS t-shirt, Stolen Girlfriends Club silver bow ring, Karen Walker leather belt, vintage maxi skirt, ASOS leather cutout boots, Alexander Wang leather and suede Alpha shopper.

Photos by Michael Humphrey

1 comment:

I love comments, please leave them! x