April 17, 2012

Mellow Yellow

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.
10.

11.

12.

13.
14.
15.
16.
17.

Day to day, my palette usually consists predominantly of black, white, grey and navy - all classics that work perfectly together, don't date... and are admittedly pretty safe. But hey, if it ain't broke... and it's how you wear them, right?

Each season I try to add to this with a few choice pieces in 'real' colours - right now I'm on the lookout for something in rose (ideally a silk blouse or slouchy blazer), something in soft camel (a lightweight cardigan or wrap, I'm thinking) and something in neon (pumps or beanie, more on these two later). 

But lately there's been another hue on my mind - yellow. It makes you feel good just looking at it, so I imagine you'd feel pretty good wearing it too. I'm really quite drawn to it... only I'm not sure I'm ready to go all out and add major yellow to my wardrobe just yet.

So, I got to thinking about yellow bags - and it turns out there's a delicious great pile of them out there to choose from. I feel like a kid in a candy store...

Lemon, butterscotch, golden, daffodil, limoncello, amber, sunshine, saffron... take your pick!

    1.    Marc Jacobs 'Too Hot To Handle' leather bucket bag
    2.    Zara 'XL Coloured' leather clutch
    3.    See By Chloé 'Twirl' leather shoulder bag
    4.    Marc Jacobs 'Single' quilted leather shoulder bag
    5.    Proenza Schouler 'PS1 Medium'
    6.    Reed Krakoff 'Mini Atlantique'
    7.    Mulberry 'Holiday Bayswater'
    8.    Jil Sander 'Tumbled' oversized leather clutch
    9.    Chloé 'Paraty Medium'
    10.  ASOS croc-effect laptop case
    11.   Victoria Beckham oversized leather clutch
    12.   Reed Krakoff leather wallet
    13.   3.1 Phillip Lim '31 Minute' leather clutch
    14.   Mulberry 'Mini' patent-leather shoulder bag
    15.   Victoria Beckham shoulder bag
    16.   Stella McCartney 'Falabella Small' shoulder bag
    17.   Acne 'Oxide' leather pouch

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, please leave them! x