June 5, 2012

Be Still, My Glitter-Dipped Heart


You wouldn’t necessarily guess this straight away, but I have a major penchant for glitter, crystals, diamantes and sparkles. There, I’ve said it.

While I don’t actually indulge in it all that often, as dazzle can be a hard thing to work into a wardrobe such as mine, sometimes you find things that add just a sizzle of glamour, more edgy than OTT (like these amazing necklaces), or in more extreme cases come across pieces that you’d happily own just to prop up on a dresser or shelf and admire.

As far as utterly delectable, covetable sparkle goes, Miu Miu is surely the master. I’ve been eyeing a pair of glitter-sprayed wedge sandals for many a moon now, but OMG, suddenly there’s these amazing, amazing limited edition pumps (you can only buy through three stores – London’s New Bond Street, rue St. Honoré in Paris and Milan’s via S. Andrea) and I feel a little panicky just looking at them.

A pointed retro silhouette and not unreasonable heel height keep them classic, timeless and elegant (you could seriously wear them with anything), but then, bam, they’re cut from special lamé leather in shades of eggshell, powder-blue, black, silver or gold, hand-finished, and have magical soles dipped in exquisite high-shine glitter.

Be still, my beating heart.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, please leave them! x