September 10, 2012

Pony Love



Consider me obsessed. I can't get Charlie Horse's little bits of fluff, with their wild prints and wild-west patterns, sleek designs and delicate gold fastenings out of my mind. 

How great would one look poking out of the back pocket of a pair of bleached-blue jeans, or set against a black maxi dress? Pretty great I think.

A fierce new batch goes on sale at Superette today, so I thought I'd find out a bit more about who makes these textural beauties...

Who are you and what do you do?
I am Charlie Perry and I work behind the scenes at Superette where I work as stock and dispatch co-ordinator. Charlie Horse is my baby.

How did Charlie Horse come about?
Charlie Horse came about because I needed to exhaust some creative steam. I'd been brainstorming for ages and my thoughts and ideas have eventuated into Charlie Horse.

What fabrics are you working with?
I work with salvaged leather - this way I have more creative leeway and it makes the bags more original. Each hide is hand-picked, and my designs usually springboard from picking out what I think will work well with each style.

Which purse is your favourite?

I love them all but at the moment I am using my cream long-haired maxi envelope a lot.

What can you fit in the small purse?
It depends on what kind of person you are as to what you stash in the mini envelope. It could be essentials to pens and pencils. I use it for lipstick, bank card, iPhone and keys.

What can you fit in the big purse?

The maxi envelope could also store your money, makeup, phone - the essentials. It wouldn't look out of place in a tote at the markets or as a clutch at a fancy evening event. I would be inclined to say the mini is quite often found inside bigger bags, whereas the maxi is usually paving its own way.

Your five favourite accessories?
My Charlie Horse Bags, obviously, Karen Walker sunglasses, watches, shoes and my iPhone. I have a very simple black and white Marc Jacobs men's watch, which I never take off. My staple shoe at the moment is my Superette for Beau Coops black boot. They have stingray leather detail on the back - amazing.

If Charlie Horse had a soundtrack, what would be on it?
I'm a bit of a closet hip-hopper so anything of that genre is generally what I'm listening too. Sometimes a bit of SBTRKT or Frank Ocean thrown in.

What are you working on currently?

I am currently doing the finishing touches on my website. Watch this space!

x


Images by Perry Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, please leave them! x